Thursday, December 3, 2009




Getting the green vinyl up posed a slight problem because I think that the good ole boys who put down the green in the 1960's era must have dumped the entire pail of glue on top of the hardwood floor and just smeared it around because it took 2 sandings with a power sander to get it where I could stain and poly in the dining area.
The kitchen area was a different story because the wood was not a good quality wood when it was first put down and it looked terrible after the vinyl and glue was gone. The simplest and more expensive thing to do would have been just get someone to put down more vinyl, but I usually do not take that route.....I am more of a hands-on do-it-myself (as long as my Daddy helps) kind of girl. Soooooooooo.....after much research i decided to paint the floor in a tile pattern to give it a cottage type look so the flow of the house would be consistent. The first thing I did was paint the entire floor in cream using Lowe's Valspar Floor and Porch Paint which is oil based and takes some time to dry, but it is well worth it after the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment